- Eat smarter – Minimise your Fructose and Polyunsaturated Oil consumption.
- Buy smarter – Become ‘Sugar Aware’ and avoid Seed oils.
- Fructose is a chemical appetite stimulant.
- Look at labels to find the sugar content.
- Sweet foods are treats only.
- EAT ONLY WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY.
- Have the majority of your calories at the beginning of each day.
- Two phases when cutting down on Fructose.
- The first phase is the use of alternative sweeteners as supplements in the diet.
- The second phase which comes over time when you don’t need the sweetness.
BASICS POLYUNSATURATED OILS
- Minimise Polyunsaturated Fats and Oils.
- STOP the Margarine, Canola, Vegetable and Seed Oils.
- Best to have Butter and Lard and the fruit oils such as Olive or Coconut Oil.
- Don’t burn the oils as that may increase the Trans Fats.
- You still need to watch the calories!
BASICS REFINED CARBOHYDRATES
- Reduce/eliminate refined carbohydrates
- Move away from the breads, pizza, rice,
- Decrease the intake of starchy vegetables like potato, sweet potato
- Substitute vegetables and in particular green leafy vegetables
Covers Food Ideas in more detail.
Tricks to help along the NoFructose journey.
Covers the basics of awareness of what you are eating.
Discussion on this topic as there are a lot of questions from people.
Must read before you go out shopping.
Ideas for the day and night.
Understanding your hunger and satiety control mechanisms puts you in charge of your diet.
I will try to answer with ‘in principle’ answers. Individual circumstances obviously vary.
Recipes submitted by chefs and you for you to test and try.
To learn more about the problems of Fructose and Polyunsaturated Oils in our diet then start at
NoFructose Overview and then navigate on from there. Take your time.
NoFructose is NOT a diet. It is a concept that, in conjunction with minimising the ingestion of Polyunsaturated Oils, should have dramatic short and long term health benefits.
Just like sunlight we need a certain amount of Fructose, but too much of it has short and long term Health Issues.
We don’t need much Polyunsaturated Oil at all.
The consumption of Sugar and Polyunsaturated Seed Oils combine in our diet to create inflammation in every blood vessel wall and in every tissue in every organ of the body. The inflammatory process makes everything susceptible to damage and disease.
No-one likes to be conned, let alone work out that they are addicted to a substance which has been pushed upon us by our convenience lifestyle.